Pages

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Random musings...

-I tell people it took me a good 4.5 months to adjust to having 3 kiddos.  Now that I think about it though, I was pumping full time to feed Ian for the first four months of his life.  That probably had something to do with it taking me so long.  Now with Ian being 6 months, I definitely feel like I've got my groove.  I'm having to re-establish some of my daily routines and find a new system that works, but at least I'm able to keep up with stuff again.

-I am so happy that it is fall again! My feelings about fall are similar to springtime in the sense of it being a season to clean, organize, and purge.  Basically to reorganize my life.  So I'm happy that my need to figure out new homemaking routines for my life now with 3 children comes at this time of year!  If you know me, you know how I just eat that stuff up!

-Micaiah had his 4th birthday last week.  I never buy hot dogs...like maybe twice in the last 5 years, but still somehow in the last few months Micaiah has decided that he likes them.  So he asked for hot dogs, baked beans (which he doesn't love), raw carrots and strawberries for his birthday dinner.  Since I was making a cake for his party 2 days later, I didn't want to make another one for his actual birthday.  I totally would have, but he had a better idea.  There's this cupcake shop up the road from us that we walked to one time months ago.  He's been asking to go again, so we decided to do that.  The boys didn't realize that the shop only having 3 cupcake flavors to choose from on that particular day wasn't many.

-This is just a random shot of all the fellas playing music while I cooked dinner the other day.



-Ian has been sucking his lower lip in a lot lately.  It's cute.


 

-Ian seems to be getting increasingly frustrated with the bats on his arms.  It's probably due to the fact that I've been increasingly lenient on taking them off and letting him chew on his fingers from time to time.

-He has been sleeping a full 12-12.5 hours at night for almost two weeks now!  I wondered if we'd ever get there.  Happy day for this mama.

- Micaiah would wear fleecy footed pjs every night of the year if we would let him.  We haven't been letting him over the summer because I've noticed that the warmer he is when sleeping then the more likely he will wake up in the night scared.  I know I dream more if I'm too hot, so he must be the same way.  He told me that he would like some new fleece footed j's (caeden used to call them j's when he was a bit younger!) and then he said "I will wear them to bed that night and I will go to sleep soooo happy!!!"  So his birthday ushered in the next season of footed jammies.

 
 

-We went apple picking in Ellijay the other weekend.  It was perfect weather, and the boys loved it of course.  It's a tradition I grew up doing, and so I've enjoyed continuing it on.


Afterwards, we needed to get on the road for Ian's sake, so I had the boys eat their candied, sprinkled, messy apples in the car. Thankfully it wasn't too terrible of a mess.



 
-I myself am quite interested to see where our little family ends up in the coming months.  God is changing some things up.  We know that much, but we're still waiting to hear more of what it will look like.



No comments:

Post a Comment